top of page
more than a library
The Lafayette Library and Learning Center is the
literary, cultural and educational heart of our community!
who we are
Thanks to individual donors and community partners, the Lafayette Library and Learning Center Foundation sustains the Lafayette Library as a community resource that offers enriching
experiences for all ages.
rent a room
The Lafayette Library and Learning Center is a welcoming space for your next gathering! From corporate events to private functions, we offer multiple venues and an outstanding staff to meet a wide array of needs.
- Thu, Mar 23Lafayette Library - Don Tatzin CH
- Wed, Mar 29Lafayette Library- Don Tatzin CHMar 29, 2:00 PM – Mar 30, 3:00 PMLafayette Library- Don Tatzin CH, 3491 Mount Diablo Blvd, Lafayette, CA 94549, USAKim Bancroft presents these women’s perceptive reflections on life in the still early days of California, paying special attention to their complex and nuanced portraits of gender, race, and class in the nineteenth-century West.
- Wed, Apr 12Lafayette Library - Don Tatzin CHApr 12, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PMLafayette Library - Don Tatzin CH, 3491 Mount Diablo Blvd, Lafayette, CA 94549, USAA self-described “California photographer,” Ansel Adams, had his first museum exhibition at the de Young Museum in 1932. In a San Francisco homecoming, more than 100 of his most iconic images of Yosemite, San Francisco, and the American Southwest will be on view in 'Ansel Adams In Our Time.'
- Wed, Apr 12Lafayette Library - Don Tatzin CHApr 12, 7:00 PMLafayette Library - Don Tatzin CH, 3491 Mount Diablo Blvd, Lafayette, CA 94549, USAAlka Joshi, the New York Times best-selling author of The Henna Artist, discusses the final chapter of her Jaipur Trilogy, The Perfumist of Paris. Set in1970’s Paris where Radha’s budding career as a perfumer must compete with the demands of her family and the secrets of her past in India.
- Thu, Apr 27Lafayette Library - Don Tatzin CHApr 27, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PMLafayette Library - Don Tatzin CH, 3491 Mount Diablo Blvd, Lafayette, CA 94549, USAJoin Vanessa Hua in a discussion of her latest novel, Forbidden City, which follows impoverished sixteen year old village girl, Mei who wants to be a model revolutionary and is drawn into service for the Chinese Cultural Revolution.
bottom of page